




While, let's say that today's class really gets me to think about my leisure hmmm. Sports have been my leisure for most of time. I had always been intrinsically motivated to play. freely chosen and got a sense of satisfaction like feeling of accomplishment no matter the results. I like many sports especially I love hockey, it's my passion. However, I had encountered an incident during my Cegep Years ( Champlain College) , I did a recreation activity that I did not really enjoy it. First time in my life, for years I had never dislike a sport, but now I do. As the professor Henle said that we cannot put an "activity" in leisure definition because there are people will not enjoy the same activities as we do. While, perfect example for this, my rugby experience. Through out my two years in Champlain college, my head got hit on the ground, I got big purple blues on my left eye, two legs got twisted and my stomach got hit by soccer cliques. Coaches refused pulled me out of the game when I was injured on the field. Is it plaisant? While for me. no. I was a winger and defense. That's not the position that I wanted to play, that had already ruined my fun. I was a really good player but I did not enjoy this sport. I mean, I don't see how we can have fun by throwing yourself into somebody else legs or bodies and being vulnerable to all kind of injuries no matter what you do ( no equipments and no helmets). So why I did it? Since Champlain did not have a hockey team, I decided to give a try for rugby, why not?. In the pass, people told me that I should try rugby but I was just too afraid. Without noticing, it did not turn as well as I thought. I was a good player but I just disagree with this sport. Some of my teammate kept telling us how fun is and how she was so into this sport. One girl even told me " Oh man! I am so into rugby, O i love Rugby and I will play rugby in university." Once, I even saw a girl weared a t-shirt saying " I love Rugby." Sometime, I told myself next time I should wear " I love hockey," on rugby field. Man, I just don't feel same way as they are. Rugby is a special experience because first, I never played before and second I just want go with the ball and score. I never played with ball since I am goaltender for hockey and I had been in the net for very long. Go with wind to score, sounds interesting. However, again, it did not turn as well as i thought. During my second year of my cegep, I got my first goal against marianopolos, I was so excited, I jumped and waved my arms. However, all I have is a " high five," for one second, then kept on playing. Wow?!Even though we did won against marianopolos, big victory, but I did not feel good about myself and my existence seem doesn't matter to the team. My coach told me that in rugby you are not suppose to celebrate no matter what, it's not like hockey or soccer. After this experience, nah, I am not going back for another four years. By the way, sometime my position is boring, I tackled down that came to my way, and there's no challenge anymore. Boring!


No comments:
Post a Comment