Friday, September 5, 2008

Hockey Training!




What a nice day today! There were not too much wind and the sun shines right to your face. Hockey is my favour sport and I really like to play during my free time. I enjoyed a lot, especially outdoor hockey during winter where every one is laughing and chasing each other. No one is left out from the team and every one is enjoying. Well the best part about hockey is that I really like the teamwork where everyone is helping each other and we all go through challenge together. In addition, I like challenge because I will never feel bore and I consistenly challenge myself to become a better player. After I finished play hockey, I felt good about myself because I felt that I achieved my goal and what i need to improve for instance, before I had trouble with butterfly slide and now I can slide like a wind without hurting myself; feel good :). Like today, I was having a pre-season training session with the stingers, I did 12 times bench press for 95 pounds! What an improvement! Last year, I could not even do one and now I can do 12 times! After the bench press exercise, I told myself that I could had done better because I thought that I could not do anymore therefore I stopped at 12. However, the positive side is that I achieved my goal for this year. My goal for this year was to be able to lift 95 pounds, so along year plus this summer, I spend an hour to two hours in the gym on my cardio and muscle. One thing that I noticed that helps me to achieve my goal was determination. I was very determinant after disappointing start but I was able to bring myself back from the dark to light. I am very happy and proud of myself. Despite, my B test (the endurance test) did not turn well as I thought could be but it is still good because I did not understand the instruction very well. Well now, apparently, I have to work on my cardio with my assistant coach, and it would be much more harder and sweat. I know that I can do more than it was now, but one thing that I learned from this exercise is never feel afraid to express yourself and if you have a problem for a situation or an issue, please ask someone to help you, never stay in your little bubble and expect to be solved. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM? solution: ASK.

No comments: