Saturday, September 13, 2008

Golf adventure!




Wow! what a shinny day! Today, I took a golf class in Candiac. The golf course was windy and hot. As always, my coach was always first in the golf course. After the entire morning that I dedicated to the reading for my psychology class, I finally can get my new blue golf equipment and go play some golf! Golf is a relax sport for me, when I am not playing hockey, golf helps me to take my mind off from school's pressure and enjoy the nice weather. I was quite excited to start golf class again. Coach came to me and told me " Fu-Chen, we will start with raquet number 5" At begining, I screwed up my swing by hitting too close or sometime I missed my swing. My coach is a PGH professional golf coach; by looking at your swing once, he can know right away where is your mistake. He told me that I should not moved my hip after my swing and keep my arm straight. As I swinged, I felt my energy started to rise and my hip just naturally move soflty like a wing, as I hit the ball, I can heard a "click" The next moment I saw my ball flied about 100 miles. As I got more practice, I started to feel much more comfortable with my raquet. As I swang more, I started to get a grip on, my swings started to get further,my furthest with the number 5 was about 120 miles. Then I switched to wood ( the biggest raquet which is 1). With this long raquet, I felt my body was much more balanced; as I lifted my long arms, then I hitted with my arm force, I saw my ball flied high then landed about 200 miles into the field. I was so proud with this shot and I enjoyed my freetime in this nice weather. Golf had made me felt confident on my athletic ability and felt as very much "hockey player."And my coach always told me " Do you know the fun thing about golf? People love to play golf and golf makes people happy because each time you hit, people will applause you no matter what" He always repeated this phrase, at begining, I did not know why he kept mentioning about this phrase, I don't know what he met, but until I started to read the " Leisure Education Program Planning" AH! I finally got it !

No comments: