In the past 12 weeks, I learned that leisure education helps me to gain knowledge about the real life. For instance, in one of my blogs, I wrote that I used alcohol to coped my pain and stress, but I learned that it did not do any good to me because it made me feel worst about myself and I lost a lot of friends. I learned a valuable lesson that leisure helps me to discover my true identity and teach me the skills that I will need for my future. For instance, active leisures not just help me to find my strenght and weakenesses or what I am good at, but also help me to know how to prepare myself for any changes by moving on and being positive about my future. Beside playing hockey, I can coach the minor hockey teams, I can be a physical trainer or I can be a gym teacher. As result, I appreciate leisure by opening up different options to myself to enjoy.
In addition, leisure education taught me that I can always enjoy leisure in any where and in any time as long I am motivated, freely chosen and it gives a sense of pleasure or satisfaction. For instance, leisure does not always involve in active leisure like basketball, hockey or Pin-pong, but it can involve in classroom or in a course. I really enjoyed Leisure education course taught by Steven Henle, because it allowed me to socialize, express myself and learn by having fun. The fun factor takes off the seriousness of the atmosphere, and it fosters creativity among the students. The creativity is one of the most important lesson that I gained from this class, I am able to creative with leisure, for instance, I was able to enjoy diversity presentation called Diversity Bazaar by trying out different foods and cultural equipments. I do not necessary always have to enjoy leisure in the Ice ring or in the gym but also I can enjoy leisure in different settings like classroom or at work.
Furthermore, the creativity factor changes my attitude toward leisure because I can use creativity for planing, organizing and impleting in order to promote leisure satisfaction in every area like social, active and passive leisure. For instance, in of my blogs, I wrote that I hate the public transit because the morning buses are very slow and unreliable. In next time, I will make sure that I plan ahead of time; If I cannot drive, I can stay over my friends house or asked someone to give me a lift. Thus, it reduces the intrapersonal and structural constrainsts, and this allow me to go to the games.
Moreover, it helps me to enjoy and experience different leisure. For instance, instead always spending leisure in physical activities, I can enjoy leisure in Tim Horton, watching my favor shows and playing Pin Pong. By knowing what we would like to do for different situations, it allow us to experience different kinds of leisure and gain knowledge from multiple factors like social, intellectual, physical and emotional. Finally, the blogs assignment help me to express myself and discover my weaknesses and strenghts and help me to self-reflect my decisions and opinions.
Thank you Steven Henle and T.A Jessica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Nice blog summary. Expresses important ideas about leisure in your life and is related to course content. 8/10.
Post a Comment